Multi-award winning restaurant Okku, opened its doors February 2009 and is nestled in the Über-luxe, 5-star, H Hotel at the iconic address of One Sheikh Zayed Road.
The luxury Japanese restaurant and lounge serves up exceptional signature dishes created by celebrity chefs. After dinner, the restaurant and bar turns into a vibrant lounge with a DJ.
Okku is top rated when it comes to fine dining in Dubai. The menu is packed with mouth-watering Asian-inspired delicacies. Try the ebi gyoza to start, and stick with the seafood theme for mains – the black cod donburi is delicate yet filling, not to mention fantastically tasty. If you’re just around for nibbles, order the organic salmon carpaccio, with tender slivers of the Scottish fish layered with daikon cress, cherry tomatoes and an intriguing shiso-yuzu pesto.
**Awards to date:
- Small Business Award 2010 – Arabian Business Achievement Awards 2010.
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant 2010 – Ahlan’s Best in Dubai.
- Finalist Best Japanese Restaurant 2010 – What’s On Awards 2010.
- Best Bar 2010 – Caterer Middle East Awards 2010.
- Highly Commended ‘Best Chef’ – Caterer Middle East Awards 2010.
- WORLD CLASS UAE Bartender of the Year 2010.
- ‘Highly Commended’ Japanese Category – TimeOut Dubai Restaurant Awards 2010.
- Winner ‘Black Cod Test’ – What’s On Magazine Survey 2010.
- Restaurant of the Year 2009 – Caterer Middle East Magazine Awards.
- Bartender of the Year 2009 – Caterer Middle East Magazine Awards.
- Best Restaurant 2009 – Timeout Best in Dubai Awards.
- Best Bartender 2009 – Zubrowka Bison Grass Vodka Challenge.
- Winner “Top 20 Outlet Interiors in the GCC” Caterer Middle East.
Location: The H Dubai – Sheikh Zayed Road
Tel: +971 4 501 8777
Travel: Sheikh Zayed Road
Cuisine: Japanese, Sushi
Times: Open Sun-Thu noon-3pm, 7pm-2.30am; Fri 1pm-6pm, 8pm-2.30am; Sat 7pm-2.30am
Price range: Dhs500+
Credit Cards Accepted: Yes